Monday 15 April 2013

St George's Park Trip


We were privileged today to be taken around the FAs elite training centre for football. I dont want to talk much on this, but somethings I read made me think as a coach.

 

The first quote I read was by Sir Clive Woodward, which read How do you want to be remembered? He gave this question to his players the night before a final, and I took it upon myself to use it with the club I do analysis for. The club is currently top of the league with 10 games to go, and looking at promotion as the main goal. I asked the lads after the game Saturday the question I read, and I gave them two answers. Did they want to be remembered as the team that almost did it, that almost changed the face of the club and history or did they want to be remembered as the team that accomplished what no Padiham FC team ever has? The answer was obvious, but it was just some food for thought for the lads!

 

The second was more for me, as a coach! I cant remember who it was by, but it read A good coach will make sure their players see what they can be, not what they are! To me the message in this is that we should always be looking forward, and striving to be better at everything we do every day, regardless of what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment