Friday 26 October 2012

Introduction


This is my blog, a collection of my coaching experiences/thoughts. 

There are many different factors that make up an effective coach. Every coach has their own strengths and weaknesses. Here are some of my own.

Strengths
- Confident
- Organised
- Good Communication
- Understanding 
- Motivator 
- Dedicated
- Good Attitude
- Maintain Professional Image

Weaknesses
- Adaptability
- Imagination/Creativity
- Time Management (Work) 

Throughout this module (The Reflective Coach), I am hoping to improve my weaknesses, to make me a more effective coach. I am looking to improve my ability to adapt training sessions as a coach. Also, I aim to improve and widen my knowledge of both the fundamental requirements of sport and coaching styles. 

I will be able to achieve my aims/objectives by first of all maintaining a high attendance to all practical sessions at University, especially sessions which I will be asked to deliver a coaching session! The other way I am looking to improve my weaknesses is by doing voluntary coaching outside of University. To help improve my coaching styles and find out which best suits my, I can conduct little experiments during coaching sessions to see which one is most effective! 

The one thing I would say I'm looking forward to the most throughout the module is coaching different sports. Because I am very used to coaching football, it would be interesting to start coaching different sports. However, what I am dreading the most is being out on the spot and being asked to coach a sport I know nothing about. As my adaptability/creativity isn't great just yet, it would make it difficult to conduct a session on that particular sport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment